Hydro - Latin America is an Intensive Program within an academic framework, initiated by
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Spain)
- Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis (France)
- Universidad Santo Tomás. Seccional Tunja (Colombia)
- Universidad Nacional del Litoral. Facultad de Ingeniería y Ciencias Hídricas (Argentina)
- Universidad Federal do Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Universidad de Cuenca (Ecuador)
- Universiad Autónoma de Nuevo León (Mexico)
The objective of Hydro - Latin America is to promote in a global Latin American vision the key concepts, methodologies, tools and good practices which are essential for sustainable water management. Today problems related to water have become more and more complex and the analysis requires global and holistic approaches.
The collaboration of the five universities, based on the use of the internet as a common working platform, aims to establish and share high quality teaching courses, and furthermore to strengthen links between students from the partner institutions in order to build up and spread the know-how of a sustainable water management in Latin America.